Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Heading back to Cabot

The last week I spent with my family it was a little difficult and a little frustrating. Monday I helped run around and pick and drop off kids. During the day it was snowing. It was that nasty heavy, wet snow. By the end of the day there wasn’t just a couple of inches outside there was almost a foot of snow. I took Kristi to her evening dance class and even sat to watch her for a little bit. It was nice to see Sue again. It is also great that now she has a bigger studio to teach in. I went back and picked up Kristi when she was done.
Tuesday I got together with Tanya for lunch. It was great talking and seeing her after everything she had been through. I really love you sweetie and am always here! That afternoon I got home and helped cook supper. Dad got home late from softball practice.
Wednesday I went to the school to stop off at the engineering department. We visited with a lot of people. I saw Oma and she said to stop off and see Opa. After our visit to the engineering office we went to stop off and see Opa. He was sick and it was hard to see him not feeling well. We still sat down and talked with him for a little while. Then we headed home. Wednesday evening we went and saw a friend of mine from dance. We stopped at her house to have cake and visit with her family. It was nice to catch up with them and I miss them. The girls know they could/can come to me when something was/is wrong. It was so nice to be able to meet up with them while we were home.
Thursday we headed to the Online Graduate Program. We stopped to see everyone there for a little bit. Then the rest of the day was spent getting kids back and forth from hockey. Thursday night we went and saw one of Kandi’s games. Of course she didn’t play at all and she was a bench warmer but she was a good bench warmer. Those girls are unbelievable. They play their hardest while they are out there and they enjoy themselves at the same time.
Friday was fairly relaxing. In the morning I took mom to DMV. We switched titleship of the car to my and moms name. That took some time but it was a good thing that we were there first thing in the morning. We had plenty of people around to help us fill out the forms and get our questions answered. Then it just took 5 minutes to get the paperwork processed. It would take a week or two before my mom got the new title. We got back to the house and then mom called the insurance company to get the car under their policy. Mom took care of that but it was going to take till Monday before she heard for sure that everything was processed ok. After that I went to try to see a former boss but she wasn’t in work. The rest of the day was fairly relaxing. It wasn’t till the evening when things got a little crazy. Nathan and I got together with the girls from high school. We had dinner and then we went to Norwich to watch Family Feud. That was entertaining and interesting being back in the same room with crazy freshman. After the game we headed back to the Tyner household. We played some games and then called it an evening. It was great seeing the girls from school again.
Saturday we didn’t do much of anything really. We went grocery shopping for mom and we took Kristi with us. OMG!! I almost had a heart attack. We took two carts with us when we went shopping. I couldn’t believe we filled both of them to the max. We get to the register and when the lady is done the total is $329. OMG!! It had been a while since I had done grocery shopping for mom that I had forgotten how much she spent.
Sunday I got up and cooked brunch for whomever was home. Most of the younger kids were up and out of the house already for their hockey tournament games. Then the rest of the day was rather lazy. Nothing really exciting happened for the rest of the day.
Monday was V-day! I took mom to her mammogram. That was a 2 hour event. Just to check in with patient information and then wait for her to be seen. When I got home Nathan and I exchanged V-day gifts. Nathan got me an awesome solar powered Swarovski crystal. It was just beautiful. I put it up in the window in the room right away because it was actually sunny. All the rainbows were just great. I gave Nathan his gift. I bought him a leather wallet with money clip and clear ID window. I thought that this would be good for his military ID so that he wouldn’t have to pull it out of his wallet or at least so that he wouldn’t have to search for it everytime at the gate. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry to prepare for our trip back to Cabot.
Tuesday we packed the bags and got ready to head out. Katy took us to Barre where Nathan’s mom was going to drive us back to Cabot. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone. I realize that I will be missing even more of their lives and the next time I am home they will all be taller and wiser  Anyway, I didn’t get sick on the trip to Cabot, YAY!! Tuesday night Nathan’s dad cooked a big supper. We didn’t do much of anything except relax for the rest of the day.

No comments: